Mission Trips For 2014
Belize: June 7 - 14, 2014
Christmas in Jamaica: December 12 - 15, 2014
"Friends Reaching Friends," a non-profit mission and outreach organization of Holy Sacrament Episcopal Church, has been committed to ministering to people, particularly children, since 1987, both internationally and locally. They have partnered with the Haiti, Panama, Jamaica, and the Dominican Republic communities, in adult, pediatric, and dental health, construction, and spiritual enrichment. They also deliver gifts to children in Jamaica, at Christmas.
Previous Missionary Work
For the past 15 years, the group has been ministering in the Dominican Republic, treating approximately 400 children a week in pediatric health care, assisting with Vacation Bible School (VBS) for another 150 to 200 children, and engaging in light construction including painting homes and other edifices and building furniture and structures.
In Jamaica, the team provided services to the Granville Place of Safety for Girls, Clifton Boys Home and St. Monica’s Children’s Home. Recently, the missionaries focused their attention on the Granville Place of Safety for Girls. They also engaged in adult and dental health care in Falmouth.
Mission in Belize
In 2014, Friends Reaching Friends is organizing its inaugural mission trip to Belize City, Belize, in Central America, from June 7 - 14. The Mission Team expects to engage in Pediatric Health Care, Construction, Spiritual Enrichment (Vacation Bible School), and Workshops/Seminars in health care and spirituality at the Anglican School at Queen’s Square, the Dorothy Menzies Children’s Home, and the Belize Inspiration Center. Donation of appropriate items will also be made to the areas where the mission work is being implemented.
Other Outreach Ministries
- Back-to-School projects
- Distribution of Thanksgiving baskets to the needy in South Florida.
- Christmas Mission: Provide gifts through our Angel Tree program to over 100 children in Jamaica who are orphaned or were abused and are currently residing in Children Homes.
Now, you may wonder how we are able to do all of this?
Friends Reaching Friends depends on contributions from:
- Generous organizations and individuals who are supportive of our foreign and domestic ministry. All financial and material contributions that are received are use for the sole purpose of the mission.
Every year, we hold:
- A Mother’s Day Flowers and Bake Sale
- Valentine’s Gala Dinner and Dance (our major fundraiser).
We seek sponsors for our various mission projects. If you are interested in the sponsorship of some of our projects, please contact Holy Sacrament Church at (954) 432-8686.