Brotherhood of Faith (Men’s Group)
The Brotherhood of Faith (Men’s Group) meets every first Saturday of the month in the Parish Hall for breakfast and fellowship. The gatherings begin at 9:00 a.m. with prayer, followed by breakfast, a praise and worship session, and a business meeting.
The group holds an Annual Men’s Retreat at Lake Placid Camp and Conference Center in Lake Placid, Florida. It is a time for spiritual awakening, fellowship and male bonding between young and adult men.
The Brotherhood also mentors the young people of our parish, as a means of giving them guidance and counsel about life-related issues, and engages in feeding to the homeless in the Broward County area.
Episcopal Church Women (ECW)
The Episcopal Church Women (ECW) of Holy Sacrament Church comprise of ladies who are rooted in their past and growing into God’s future. They are a group of energetic, dynamic, God-fearing women who give of their time and talent to enhance God’s work in various ways. They are an integral part of the fabric of our church enabling the ministry and mission of women. The group seeks to carry on Christ’s work of reconciliation in the world as they nurture and love and encourage each other to grow in God’s grace.
The aim of the ECW at Holy Sacrament is to do their best to help whenever the need arises and to improve their lives and that of others’ spiritually, physically and intellectually.
The group is responsible for a number of projects including:
- The “New to You Shoppe” (Thrift Shop), is located on the Church’s campus. The Shoppe is staffed entirely by volunteers who take pride in maintaining a clean and attractive atmosphere. The funds from this venture are used to help with local and overseas ministries, helping bereaved/destitute families and other areas where assistance is needed.
- The “Book Club” is another project of the ECW. This is an intellectually, stimulating activity which is enjoyed by all who attend. The members of the club reads, studies, and discusses a different book on one Friday night of each month. They also enjoy a wonderful fellowship together while sharing and partaking of hors d’oevres and wine.
- The “E.C.W. Crafters” delight in creating beautiful and unique items for the December Craft Bazaar.
- The hosting of an annual Tea Party, Fashion Show, Christmas Party, and other social activities are always a pleasure to all who participate. The group gathers for corporate worship and communion on a Sunday in February every year.
- Meetings of the Episcopal Church Women (ECW) are held on the 3rd Monday of each month. All women are invited.
Lay Eucharistic Visitors take the Blessed Sacrament from the altar to those unable to attend Sunday morning worship services.. They are trained by the Clergy and licensed by the Bishop. If you are ill or housebound, receiving the Holy Communion at home is a way to participate in the Body and Blood of Christ when you are unable to attend worship services with your Church Family.
The Youth Connection meets Fridays (except for the 5th) in the MacDonald Building at 6:30 p.m. for fun, food and fellowship with your peers. They are encouraged to invite their friends to come and see what we do.
Please click here for information about the Youth Retreat, July 8-10, 2016.
Please click here for Youth Announcements!
Please click here for more information about New Beginnings!
The group seeks to build relationships between the students and adults in the Parish, focus on reaching out to others particularly the poor and homeless through delivery foodstuff to families at Thanksgiving, and the Souper Bowl of Caring.
The group also attends seminars, workshops and conferences, and invited speakers to address them on various youth-related topics.
We have also held Annual Youth and Young Adult retreats, participate in the Parish’s Annual Fashion Show, held a number of social activities, and attended various Diocesan and Deanery events.